1. What is your background (tell us a little bit about yourself)? My name is Juliet Amoah I am of Ghanaian descent, born in London and raised in New York. I love the creative arts and I have a Bachelors degree in Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Creative Studies. Although I studied fashion, I quickly learned once I graduated college in 2013 that the fashion industry was not for me. God wanted to take me in a different direction and I believe that when you trust God and surrender everything to Him, He will bring you the best.
2. What inspired your current passion? I’ve always had a passion for media, fashion, and Creative Arts. I also love helping people, so I believe that God is allowing me to use all my talents for His glory.
3. How did you get started? Do we have enough time? LOL… I believe my journey started at a young age and is still going. It took a lot of trial and error but I will say I got involved in areas that were interesting to me before God made it clear as to what exactly He wanted me to do.
4. How important is it to have a relationship with God when it comes to purpose/calling? Having a relationship with God is the key to discovering your purpose. We are all on this earth for a reason and I believe when you have a relationship with God He will not only make it clear to you but He will usher you into your calling.
5. Did you at any point feel like God abandoned you during the process? Not really, but I did have moments where I thought “what in the world I'm supposed to be doing??” There were times where I became very confused as to what my purpose is, but God is so good. He revealed to me my assignment and made it very clear to me.
6. If so, what did you do? During those moments of confusion, I prayed and asked God to help me, because I was all the way lost.
7. What was or is the most faith-stretching experience you’ve had so far while pursuing your vision? For me, God will give me a vision of what He wants me to do, but I won’t have a clue as to where to start. A lot of times I would think like okay I have all these ideas but I’m not experienced in this field so how I am going to do it? But God is so awesome and He always brings us the right people and resources to bring that vision to life. It’s all about trusting Him and being obedient.
8. What would you do differently if you had to do it over? Absolutely nothing… everything good or bad is all a part of the journey :)
9. How would you define success? To me, it’s living out your purpose with no limitations, enjoying what you do and being happy knowing you are doing what brings you joy.
10. How do you avoid success getting to your head when it begins happening? I believe it’s important to remember who your source is. I’m just a vessel that God has chosen ( which is a huge honor) and just as He has blessed me with success, He can easily take it away. Knowing that my source is God helps me remain humble.
11. What are 3 things you need or can’t see yourself living without? God/Bible, African Food, and travelling.
12. What advice would you give to your younger self or to a younger woman who might be wondering about her purpose or maybe a young woman who has an idea but still needs some clarity? Advice to my younger self - stop caring about what other people think of you, you are different for a reason. Advice to young women - 1. Oh ladies, you are beautiful and you don't need that validated from anyone. 2. To trust yourself and believe in your ideas. 3. To stay focused and don't rush or get caught up in things or with people who will bring you down. Surround yourself with positive friends who will encourage and motivate you to be better.